If you answered “Yes” to any of the questions above, you might be struggling with anxiety or depression.
As a child did you feel or are you currently struggling with feeling…
- Ignored, unseen, or unknown for your true self
- Not treasured
- Inhibited from speaking the truth
- Unsafe or chronically anxious
- Incompetent or afraid to be less than perfect
Did you or do you…
- engage in self-destructive coping or numbing behaviors (ex. cutting, substance abuse or other addictions, or escaping through hours on the Internet) or hurt others emotionally or physically (& later feel guilty)
- miss school, work, or social functions because of physical symptoms or symptoms of anxiety or depression
- beat yourself up for making a mistake and struggle with low self-esteem
- feel like you are not able to move forward in pursuing your life goals, not able to fully enjoy life or relationships, and/or that inner peace eludes you
As an adult, do you struggle with…
- Going “home” or to any family of origin events
- Relationships- family, friends, and/or coworkers
- Judgment by others or yourself for your sexual/gender orientation
- Anxiety, depression, and/or intense anger or rage
- Insomnia, chronic pain, and/or unresolved loss
- Addictive, self-sabotaging, or self-destructive behaviors
- An internalized self-critic which pushes you to be perfectionist or function below your abilities and feel shame
- Inability to forgive others or yourself
- Navigating life transitions and having the courage to live your authentic life
- Your roles at home, work, or elsewhere
- Fully being YOU
THERE IS HOPE! Treatment for both conditions has a high effectiveness rate.
In addition to anxiety and depression (individual) counseling, treatment might entail: couples or family therapy (to enlist the support of your family members and to help you reconnect with family members), self-help coping skills, nutrition, exercise, mindfulness, and medication to decrease symptoms. I am also able to discuss with you and provide referrals for more intensive types of treatment if needed.
(Other types of treatment coming soon……………..)
Anxiety and depression counseling (individual therapy) can help change the course of your life.
When you process your pain- both the struggle and discover the hidden gifts- you can more easily let the past go (or at least the intense feelings and unhealthy coping skills) and move forward in creating your ideal life. Having a non-judgmental, compassionate, and authentic space to reflect on your successes and the areas in which you desire to grow can help you develop a more accurate view of yourself and your life.
One of my favorite success stories of an individual radically overcoming the “death grip” that anxiety had on her is included in this former client’s blogs (that she generously gave permission in sharing). Her first blog post, “Letting Go” was a transformational story about her trip to France in which she describes how she turned around a “nervous breakdown” into “disowning that sucker [anxiety] and sending that little monster out into the cold, and don’t let him back in!”
A year later, this same client shared a blog entitled, “Italia! A follow up to the Letting Go post” in which she shared her powerful metamorphosis through all of her work on overcoming anxiety that allowed her to fully enjoy this latter vacation with her husband. This individual shared, “Anxiety doesn’t own me anymore. My inner turmoils don’t have a role in my life anymore. This is my life and I am finally starting to live it.”
Create the life you dream of having.
You can heal, find your voice and move forward in the direction you wish to by connecting with your intuition and hearing yourself speak your truth. It helps to have an objective person offering you new perspectives, coping skills, and empowering, strength-based, and honest feedback. I will help you articulate a plan of action for creating the life of your dreams, learn new strategies to accomplish your goals, and compassionately support you on your journey.
You will be empowered with methods that help you connect with your innate ability to heal yourself.
- Strengths Based Approach
- Client Centered Focus
- Attachment Focus
- Family Systems / Family of Origin
- Experiential / Expressive Arts (art, sandtray, role play, etc.)
- Mindfulness, Stress-Reduction Techniques, & Connect with Your Intuition
- Narrative Therapy (Change your story to change your life)
I’m considering anxiety and depression (individual) counseling, but still have questions and concerns… (answers coming soon!)
Will you require that I take medication?
Not at all. (More coming soon…)
Will you diagnose me? And if so, will this diagnosis be on my medical record?
Since I am not an in-network insurance provider, I am not required to diagnosis any clients. (More coming soon…)
How much do your sessions cost? Do you accept insurance?
Please see my “Paperwork and Payment” information.
Are you interested in anxiety and depression counseling, and think we might be a good fit?
Simply contact me for a free 20 minute telephone consultation. You can conveniently schedule your consultation or first session on my on-line calendar or call Lana Isaacson, LCSW, CAC III, Certificate in Marriage and Family Therapy at 720.432.5262.
What clients are saying… (more coming soon!)
“I started seeing Lana Isaacson on February 5th. By April 7th I was able to tell her “this is my last session. I lived with anxiety for the majority of my life, and in 10 sessions I was able to learn to manage it. TEN SESSIONS!”