As a child did you feel…
- Ignored, unseen, or unknown for your true self
- Not treasured
- Inhibited from speaking the truth
- Unsafe or chronically anxious
- Incompetent or afraid to be less than perfect
As an adult, do you struggle with…
- Going “home” or to any family of origin events
- Relationships- family, friends, and/or coworkers
- Judgment by others or yourself of your sexual/gender orientation
- Anxiety, depression, and/or intense anger or rage
- Insomnia, chronic pain, and/or unresolved loss
- Addictive, self-sabotaging, or self-destructive behaviors
- An internalized self-critic which pushes you to be perfectionist or underperform and feelings of shame
- Inability to forgive others or yourself
- Navigating life transitions and having the courage to live a life that fits you
- Your roles at home, work, or elsewhere
Individual therapy can help change the course of your life.
when you process your pain- both the struggle and the hidden gifts, and let the past go. Having a non-judgmental, compassionate, and authentic space to reflect on your successes and the areas in which you desire to grow can help you develop a more accurate view of yourself and your life.
Create the life you dream of having.
You can heal, find your voice and move forward in the direction you wish to by connecting with your intuition and hearing yourself speak your truth. It helps to have an objective person offering you new perspectives, coping skills, and empowering, strength-based, and honest feedback. I will help you articulate a plan of action for creating the life of your dreams, learn new strategies to accomplish your goals, and compassionately support you on your journey.
As a professional, I believe in methods that inspire you to help yourself.
- Strengths Based Approach
- Client Centered Focus
- Attachment Focus
- Family Systems / Family of Origin
- Experiential / Expressive Arts (art, sandtray, role play, etc.)
- Mindfulness, Stress-Reduction Techniques, & Connect with Your Intuition
- Narrative Therapy (Change your story to change your life)